DESTINATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
No two Bespoke Safaris are ever the same. Tell us what you want to see, where you’d like to go, and what you would like to do when you arrive, and we will do the rest. For some inspiration, however, here are some details of experiences we’ve arranged in the past for previous guests.
- Magical days at Elephant Watch Camp in northern Kenya for intimate encounters with elephants in the company of local Samburu nomads;
- Moonlit nights at Olerai House in the tranquillity and beauty of a private Rift Valley wildlife sanctuary;
- The excitement of the great wildebeest migration in the Serengeti or Maasai Mara, at one of our favourite eco-camps;
- Crossing the wild Laikipia plateau with camels or on horseback, sleeping under the stars, or experiencing a taste of frontier life in family-run lodges in the Chyulu Hills and northern Kenya;
- Spending time with pioneering elephant or lion researchers as they carry out their studies, or take time to show to you the importance of their work;
- Seeing Mt Kenya’s Equatorial glaciers from the seat of a helicopter, then landing for a hike, or to fish for trout, or take a dip in an icy lake;
- A desert hike near the enigmatic Lake Turkana, then overnight in a luxury camp as remote as can be imagined from the bustle of modern life;
- Meeting Africa’s true giants – the last secretive ‘big tuskers’, elephants with ivory weighing over 100lb, in Tsavo’s unspoilt wilderness;
- Warm swims in the turquoise waters of East Africa’s Indian Ocean coast, beside your private rented villa, fishing, kite-surfing, and kayaking;
- The magic of Tanzania, with Mt Kilimanjaro, the Ngorongoro Crater, the Serengeti ecosystem, and the Selous, Africa’s largest wildlife reserve;
- Dhow sailing along the spice coast, stopping in at jewel-like islands caught in time, including Lamu, Zanzibar, Mnemba, Pemba, and Mafia Island;
- Uganda’s great apes and hiking the Mountains of the Moon, fishing for Nile perch in Lake Victoria, or rafting the source of the Nile;
- Rwanda’s ‘one thousand hills’ and magical encounters with gorillas in the mist in the high altitude forests of the ancient volcanoes of the famous Virunga mountains that cross into the Congo;
- Short hops to the Seychelles or Comoros archipelagos for days of island-pace relaxation, meeting egg-laying turtles under an expansive star-scape, and luxury pampering.